LONG BEACH, Calif., Aug. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced its new EX-Series – four multimedia projectors offering a wide range of features to meet the needs of nearly any small- to medium-sized business and consumer. The EX7220, EX6220, EX5220, and EX3220 projectors offer high brightness and a suite of custom features that enable flexible positioning and stress-free setup, directly addressing customer requests for simple and bright projection solutions.
“Whether projecting in meeting rooms, on the road or at home, the new EX-Series projectors deliver proven performance with a wide range of features and high brightness that meet the needs of any customer,” said Jason Meyer, product manager, Projection, Epson America, Inc. “And, for the first time, we are able to offer a model with wireless connectivity under $550, so customers can project wirelessly from a laptop, smartphone or tablet.”
The EX-Series offers features to meet the needs of a diverse customer set, including connectivity options, easy setup features and high brightness:
More about the EX-Series
According to TFCinfo, brightness is one of the top features customers look for when purchasing projectors3, and Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors than leading competitive projectors with 3LCD, 3-chip technology4. The EX-Series deliver outstanding brightness, and also include simple set-up and flexible positioning with automatic vertical keystone and a horizontal keystone slider, as well as HDMI connectivity. In addition, Epson delivers solutions to fit any need with the EX7220 and EX6220 offering widescreen capabilities, and the EX7220 and EX5220 including wireless functionality for easy connection from a laptop. With the free Epson iProjection™ application users can project wirelessly from their iOS and Android devices. Additional features include:
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness5
- Simple Connectivity: HDMI digital video and audio in one cable for easy setup; wireless connectivity on the EX5220 and EX7220
- iProjection: Leveraging the Epson iProjection application, presenters can project to the EX5220 and EX7220 from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later and most Android devices running Android 2.3 or later
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, video and audio from a Windows® PC or Mac® computer via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up and eliminating the need for bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Keystone Correction: Squares the image even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen – all four models feature automatic vertical keystone correction and manual horizontal keystone correction provides easy and convenient operation in multiple settings
- Lens Control: Provides easy zoom and focus
- Positioning Flexibility: 1.2x digital zoom requires a shorter throw distance, allowing for the projection of large images in smaller rooms; a 60-inch image can be projected from a distance of approximately four feet away
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit http://www.colorlightoutput.com.
Availability and Support
The Epson EX7220, EX6220, EX5220, and EX3220 will be available in September 2013 through major retailers and direct on Epson.com. The projectors come with a one-year limited warranty that includes Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping, and a 90-day limited lamp warranty. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and printing systems, 3LCD projectors and industrial robots to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 68,000 employees in 96 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and (http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
* Estimated street price
1 Based upon Q4 2012 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates.
2 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
3 TFCInfo, 2013 Retail Business Projector Color Brightness Study
4 Compared to leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors based on NPD data, July 2011 through June 2012. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions.
5 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2013. Average of 1128 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: EPSON is a registered trademark, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.
More by this Source
Aug 05, 2013, 03:01 ET
Jul 17, 2013, 10:00 ET