SAN JOSE, Calif., July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — A10 Networks, Inc., the technology leader in Application Networking, today announced its AX Series Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs) are officially supported by NEC Corporation’s MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation[i].
Used by data center service providers and enterprises, MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation is a cloud platform application that helps automate planning, rollout, and operation of cloud environments, which are becoming larger and more complex to manage. AX Series is now supported by the software as an ADC resource capable of providing centralized control and automatic management of physical and virtual servers, storage and networks[ii]. A10’s AX Series is the first third-party ADC supported by MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation.
With MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation now officially supporting AX Series, software users have a wider selection of ADCs that can be automatically managed. This will enable network and server administrators to automate operations for changing network settings, resulting in a substantial reduction of time and effort in operations and management. In addition, by using AX Series in tandem with NEC‘s OpenFlow switch controllers or products from other companies, a cloud service can be offered in a software-defined networking (SDN) environment, enabling better optimization of costs.
A10 will promote its AX Series SDN solution to customers as an integrated platform with MasterScope. A10 and NEC will also roll out solutions combining products from both companies in domestic and overseas markets.
Overview of Integration of MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation with AX Series
- AX Series accepts resource allocation and configuration operations performed by the cloud administrator via MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation through an API, and provisions ADC resources to the cloud as needed.
- AX Series configures ADC services within the network controlled by MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation, and provides high-performance application services in the SDN environment. Integration with AX Series enables high-quality ADC functions to be embedded within solutions.
- Users of MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation will be able to manage ADC resources from a centralized management user interface.
NEC‘s decision to officially support AX Series in MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation is based on the following:
- AX Series has a strong track record of being deployed in data centers.
- AX Series has supported virtualization features since its introduction.
- For over four years, many Japanese clients have deployed AX Series, reflecting A10’s commitment to the Japanese market.
“NEC is proud to have successfully integrated its MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation cloud platform software and A10 Networks‘ AX Series,” said Akinori Itou, General Manager, System Software Division, NEC. “This partnership has received strong support by many customers who want an integrated solution. As more businesses start using the cloud, service providers could face difficulties and challenges when implementing complex network operations. We will leverage the strengths of the products of both companies to enable simpler network operations and provide customers with a highly reliable and convenient cloud environment that operates smoothly.”
“We have been collaborating for over three years with NEC on integrating MasterScope with our products,” said Raj Jalan, CTO for A10 Networks. “Virtualization is now at the center of cloud computing and we are seeing more networking functions moved to a virtualized infrastructure and the network increasingly controlled by software. Moving forward, we will work closely with NEC to leverage the flexible architecture of the A10 Thunder and AX Series to implement solutions required to meet our customers’ needs.”
Please contact A10 directly.
- NEC press release on MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation Version 2.0 (released May 29, 2013)
- About MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation
- Improvements in MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation 2.0
- List of hardware supported by MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Japan, mainland China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. For more information, visit http://www.a10networks.com
A10 Networks, A10 Thunder, vThunder, ACOS, aCloud, aFleX, aXAPI, aVCS, Virtual Chassis, SoftAX, and aFlow are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
|[i] A10 AX Series supports MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation beginning with ACOS version 2.7.0, released in February, 2013. There also are plans to test with the Thunder Series.|
|[ii] MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation version 2.0 supports the AX Series.|
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Press Release Japan make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.: Press Release Japan