CHICAGO, Sept. 9, 2013 — PRINT, Booth #1231 — Today, Epson America enters the direct-to-garment (DTG) printing market with the introduction of two all new, purpose-built direct-to-garment inkjet printers poised to become the new benchmark in high-performance garment imaging – the SureColor® F2000 Standard Edition and the SureColor F2000 White Edition.
Engineered by Epson from the ground up, the new SureColor F2000 Series printers deliver industrial-level production, image quality, and reliability. With the ability to print directly onto garments – t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, tote bags, and more – ranging from 100 percent cotton to 50/50 fabric blends, the SureColor F2000 Series offers additional revenue opportunities for garment print shops of any size.
The SureColor F2000 Series printers leverage Epson UltraChrome® DG ink technology – an all new, garment ink formulation developed specifically for the Epson MicroPiezo® TFP® print head delivering precise and repeatable performance, image quality, and high reliability. The Epson SureColor F2000 Standard Edition is a high-speed CMYK-only model and the Epson SureColor F2000 White Edition offers the added benefit of white ink for printing on dark or color fabrics.
“For more than three years, Epson dedicated a team of mechanical, chemical, and software engineers to create an all-new imaging technology designed for printing directly to garments,” said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “Delivering superior print quality and reliability to generate more revenue, these DTG printers offer versatility and customization for high-profit, short-run jobs.”
More about the SureColor F2000 Series
Engineered from the ground up for industrial-level production, the Epson SureColor F2000 Series offers advanced features for the direct-to-garment industry, including:
- Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head: Purpose-built, one-inch wide, high performance print head with 360 nozzles per color ensures efficient, precise and repeatable performance and excellent image quality; low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement; ink repelling coating technology for reduced nozzle clogging; and optimized specifically for Epson’s specialized direct-to-garment inks significantly improving the print head life
- Epson UltraChrome DG Ink: Epson-exclusive water-based pigment CMYK and CMYK+White ink technology delivers precise and repeatable performance and superior image quality; ink cartridges are available in 250 and 600 ml sizes
- All-new Print Engine: Purpose-built specifically for direct-to-garment print applications, for high reliability and everyday ease-of-use
- Garment Platen: 14″ x 16″ medium standard platen is included with unit; additional platens are available for small 10″ x 12″, large 16″ x 20″, and sleeve sizes
- Garment Creator Software: Included Mac and Windows application gives users flexibility with their print workflow, control to review job history, and the ability to estimate costs in managing and producing prints
Support & Availability
The SureColor F2000 Series printers offer a standard Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure.
The Epson SureColor F2000 Series printers will be available in the U.S. in January 2014 through Epson DTG Authorized Professional Imaging Resellers. For more information, visit proimaging.epson.com.
Epson is a global innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and printing systems, 3LCD projectors and industrial robots to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 68,000 employees in 96 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and http://twitter.com/EpsonProImaging) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Note: EPSON, Epson UltraChrome, MicroPiezo, SureColor, and TFP are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Epson Preferred is a servicemark of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
SOURCE Epson America
Original Source:: Epson Enters Direct-to-Garment Market with New SureColor F2000 Series…