July 17, 2013
TOKYO – Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO: 6502) today announced that it has launched an ESD protection diode, “DF2B7M3SC”, with the lowest 0.1pF capacitance in its class, which protects USB3.0/2.0, HDMI®, eSATA, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt™, and other high speed data lines from ESD. Mass production is scheduled to start at the end of July, 2013.
The product uses the newly developed ESD Diode Array Process Ⅲ (EAP Ⅲ), and maintains the same ESD protection level with 1/2 capacitance of equivalent products. It also realizes a small insertion loss and low noise figure, and can be used for wireless applications that are sensitive to signal and noise levels.
USB3.0/2.0, HDMI®, eSATA, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt™, high frequency antenna, front-end module, Wi-Fi™, Bluetooth™, GPS
|Working Peak Reverse Voltage (VRWM)||5V (Max)|
|0.1pF (VR=0V, f=1MHz)|
|Guaranteed ESD Protection (VESD)||±8kV (IEC61000-4-2) (Contact Discharge)|
-  ESD: Electrostatic Discharge.
-  ESD protection diodes using PN junction semiconductor structure that cover wide frequency range from 4 to 12GHz. Research by Toshiba Corporation in July, 2013.
-  “DF2B6.8M2SC”
-  The attenuation of RF signal from input to output. The insertion loss of DF2B7M3SC is less than 0.1dB @ f=5GHz.
- * HDMI is a registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or other countries.
- * Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- * Bluetooth is a trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG Inc. and is used by Toshiba Corporation under license.
- * Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Customer Inquiries
- Small Signal Device Sales and Marketing Department