Sony will be showcasing unique mobile user experiences centering around its new flagship smartphone, Xperia™ Z1, together with camera applications that deliver unique shooting experiences and Lens-style cameras that realize new forms of digital image capturing with your smartphone.
Sony will also present its most immersive, highest resolution TV viewing experience through new BRAVIA® 4K LED TVs and home theater systems, delivering dramatically rich surround sound for everyone to enjoy. Sony is also introducing 4K Handycam®, Sony’s first consumer use 4K video camera. Furthermore, a 56-inch prototype 4K OLED TV will be on display for the first time in Japan, demonstrating a major step forward in the consumer viewing experience.
Key products on display
- ･ Xperia Z1
- Xperia Z1 is a premium smartphone that combines the very best of Sony’s technologies. It offers superb camera performance through a combination of Sony’s award-winning G Lens™, Exmor RS® for mobile custom made large 1/2.3-type CMOS image sensor with 20.7MP, and a BIONZ® for mobile image processing engine. This means that Xperia Z1 captures beautiful, sharp and bright images even in lowlight conditions. High shutter speeds and 3 times clear image zoom also prevents shots from blurring while enabling them to be captured at distance.
It also boasts an innovative suite of Xperia Camera Applications including Social live which allows you to broadcast what you are shooting live on Facebook, and Timeshift burst, which captures 61 frames within just two seconds – starting one second before you press the shutter. In addition, it incorporates a 5″ Full HD TRILUMINOS® Display for mobile, creating incredibly true, natural shades of colors. It is also waterproof and dust resistant (equivalent to IPX5/8, IP5X).
After taking photos, users can instantly auto-upload all their photos to PlayMemories Online™, Sony’s cloud-based image service that now includes a new “All-sync” feature. The service allows you to instantly auto-upload all of your photos without storage limitation*1 and view those images anytime from your Xperia.
*1 If an image exceeds 1920 pixels along its longest plane (either width or height), it will automatically be resized to 1920 pixels.
- ･ Lens-style camera DSC-QX100 and DSC-QX10
- Sony’s Lens-style cameras DSC-QX100 and DSC-QX10 introduce a brand new concept in digital imaging, bringing single-lens reflex camera-style photography to smartphone*2. Linking wirelessly with your phone, they can be used as an attachment*3 or separately, allowing you to check the composition and adjust the camera position and angle on your smartphone at hand. Your high-quality photos are instantly ready to edit and share with friends and family directly from your phone with all your favorite editing and sharing apps.
Both DSC-QX100 and DSC-QX10 are packed with the best of Sony’s Cyber-shot™ technologies such as a back-illuminated Exmor R® CMOS sensor, BIONZ® image processor, optical zoom, and Optical SteadyShot. With Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) for easy One-touch function, you can control the camera remotely from your smartphone.
With its 1″ CMOS sensor, powerful 3.6x zoom and large F1.8 aperture lens, DSC-QX100 delivers results comparable to Sony’s Cyber-shot RX100 Ⅱ camera, while DSC-QX10 features a 10 times Optical Zoom allowing it to capture subject in the distance.
*2 Available for iOS™(4.3-6.1) and Android™(2.3-4.2) devices, PlayMemories Mobile™ latest version 3.1 required
*3 Width 54-75mm / thickness 13mm max.
- ･ BRAVIA 4K LED TV [X8500A series]
- Sony’s new 4K TV comes equipped with a “4K X-Reality® PRO”, Sony’s super-resolution high picture quality engine and TRILUMINOS Display that creates a wide range of colors. With a new slimmer bezel design that matches perfectly with Sony’s new Home Theatre System, the addition of new 65″ and 55″ models to Sony’s 4K TV BRAVIA lineup will extend the 4K viewing experience to even more people to enjoy in the home. X8500A series will support the latest HDMI Version 2.0 specifications to accommodate 4K/60p*4 content via a firmware update starting from the end of this year, so you can enjoy fast moving content in even greater clarity.
With TV SideView application, you can further enhance your TV enjoyment by displaying content related to TV programs on your smartphone or tablet and receiving program recommendations from your friends.
*4 3840×2160p (59.94/60Hz)
- ･ Home Theatre System Sound-Bar [HT-ST7]
- Sony’s new Sound-Bar recreates true surround sound just as movie producers and music artists intended. It is designed with focus on important elements in movies such as script lines, music and audio effect. Incorporating an innovative S-Force® Front Surround technology, 7.1-ch discrete amplifiers and 7.1 channel magnetic fluid speakers, this new Sound-Bar can fill the room with dramatically full, satisfyingly rich surround sound with an acoustic sweet spot large enough for everyone to enjoy.
- ･ FDR-AX1 4K Handycam®
- Incorporating Sony’s newly-developed 8.3MP Exmor R® CMOS image sensor and Sony’s G-Lens, 4K Handycam® enables users to shoot their precious memories with unrivalled 4K/60p*5 resolution quality. You can playback 4K content captured on the AX1 on a compatible 4K TV in the living room by simply connecting the two devices with the supplied HDMI cable.
An image processor, identical to those in 4K camcorders used by professionals, rapidly processes signals transmitted from the CMOS sensor and finalizes images for incredibly smooth and sharp playback, with no loss in realism, even when panning the camera and shooting moving subjects. High quality XAVC-S can be recorded as long as 125 minutes*6 (4K 30p*7/24p*8, 60Mbps).
*5 QFHD 3840×2160 (59.94p)
*6 When used with 64 GB XQD Memory Card
- ･ 56″ 4K OLED (prototype)
- 56-inch OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) TV realizes 4K resolution by using the latest oxide semiconductor TFTs and Sony’s proprietary ‘Super Top Emission’ technologies. This prototype delivers all of the features expected from OLED TVs, such as high contrast, brightness, rapid response and wide viewing angles, all of which contribute to rich image quality realized on an immersive, large-size 4K resolution panel.
Original Source: Ceatec Japan 2013: Sony Booth Overview