Tokyo, August 13, 2013 — Fujitsu today announced that the new ARROWS S (EM01F) from Fujitsu Mobile Communications will be available from EMOBILE stores and retailers across Japan from August 20, 2013.
Representing Fujitsu’s first ARROWS model offered through EMOBILE, the ARROWS S (EM01F) runs on the ultrafast EMOBILE 4G-S data communications service(1) and features a 1.5GHz quad-core CPU, offering users a seamless experience when enjoying a wide range of content. In addition, with a 4.7-inch HD display and cutting-edge picture enhancement technology, the phone is able to render all kinds of photos and video content in extremely high-resolution. The high-spec smartphone boasts a rich lineup of features including a high-capacity 2,420 mAh battery for extended use, Fujitsu’s Human Centric Engine, and a high-performance 13.1 megapixel camera.
Faster communications speeds have enabled explosive growth in data-intensive content and services, such as high-definition video and next-generation game applications. For users to freely enjoy such content, however, smartphones need greater portability and ease of use through features such as a high-power CPU and high-resolution display. To accommodate these needs, ARROWS S (EM01F) brings together high-spec capabilities while also boasting a large 4.7-inch display that allows for an easy-to-hold 65 mm-wide handset design. The new phone is available in two colors: White and Black.
1. Ultrafast ‘EMOBILE 4G-S’ data communications
The new smartphone is capable of download speeds of up to 76Mbps via the EMOBILE 4G-S LTE network. This makes for easy downloading of videos, music content and other high-volume data.
2. ‘Pocket WiFi widget’
The EM01F features a one-touch Pocket WiFi widget tethering function that allows the phone to be easily used as a Wi-Fi router.
3. Quick responsiveness through a 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU
Equipped with a quad-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon™ S4 Pro APQ8064 processor, the EM01F’s advanced processing power delivers a stress-free experience when accessing data-intensive content. It is also power efficient, helping to extend the handset’s battery life.
4. Stunning graphics with 4.7-inch HD display
The smartphone’s 1,280 × 720 pixel HD display employs Super Clear Panel, which eliminates the layer of air between the LCD and touch panel. This, in turn, reduces the amount of reflection and dispersion created by ambient light, allowing for even more vivid colors. The phone also features the latest high-performance graphics processing engine that enables advanced color correction and clear texture rendering. As a result, users can enjoy all kinds of visual content—including One-Seg broadcasts, videos, and still images from the phone’s picture gallery—with natural and realistic colors and textures.
5. Human Centric Engine enables a richer and more convenient user experience
The new smartphone comes with the Fujitsu Human Centric Engine, which delivers optimal usability through cutting-edge sensing technology. The Human Centric Engine delivers convenient features such as ‘Awaseru View,’ which adjusts the display’s color based on the user’s age, and a support feature that prevents mistaken input from inadvertent touches, even if the user’s fingers accidentally touch the edge of the screen.
6. High-capacity battery for extended use and “NX!eco” application
The handset comes equipped with a high-capacity 2,420 mAh battery, and by utilizing the included NX!eco application, which can integrate and configure separate power-saving settings, users can also enjoy the smartphone without having to worry about battery life.
7. High-performance 13.1 megapixel camera for capturing the perfect shot
The EM01F’s camera employs an intuitive user interface and reduces blur and out-of-focus images, which can be encountered when capturing pictures in low light. As a result, even beginner users can easily take stunning photographs. With a launch time of about 0.5 seconds(2), users never miss out on capturing the perfect snapshot.
8. Full-spec capabilities
The smartphone comes loaded with a host of convenient features, including a scratch- and fingerprint-resistant “Ultra Toughguard plus” coating, water-resistant (IPX5/8) and dust-resistant (IP5X) technology(3), DLNA connectivity, One-Seg broadcasts, Osaifu-Keitai®, and infrared communications.
Glossary and Notes
- 1 EMOBILE 4G-S data communications service:
- EMOBILE 4G-S enables speeds of up to 76Mbps download/10Mbps upload. In other 3G areas, the phone is capable of maximum 42Mbps download/5.7 Mbps upload speeds. For further details about service areas, please visit EMOBILE‘s homepage. When connected to a wireless LAN, EM01F can achieve maximum download speeds of around 50Mbps. With a USB cable connection, EM01F supports download speeds of up to 76Mbps. Maximum communication speeds represent best-effort values and are not guaranteed as actual usage speeds. Speeds may vary depending on the communications environment and network traffic. EMOBILE 4G-S is named in compliance with the International Telecommunication Union’s (ITU) naming convention that authorizes the use of the designation 4G for devices based on technologies using 3.5G mobile telecommunications systems or greater.
- 2 Camera launch time of about 0.5 seconds:
- Launch time may be longer depending on the photography settings.
- 3 IPX5/8 water resistance and IP5X dust resistance:
- The IPX5 designation indicates that the mobile phone can normally function after being sprayed with water from a nozzle with a diameter of 6.3 mm at a rate of 12.5 liters per minute from a distance of 3 m for a period of at least 3 minutes. The IPX8 designation indicates that the phone functions normally after being immersed in room-temperature tap water to a depth of 1.5 m for 30 minutes.
IP5X indicates that the mobile phone can be left in an environment with dust particles with a diameter of 75 µm or less for 8 hours, and continue to function and be used safely.
The dust-resistance feature of this smartphone is certified as providing a level of protection conforming to IP5X, and no warranties are made to its use when left directly in the sand.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
Public and Investor Relations Division
Original Source: Fujitsu Launches Arrows S Em01f